Echeveria Imbricata Hybrid
5 Galloon Units of Sunset Aloe
Incredibly eye-catching, Aloe dorotheae (Sunset Aloe) is an evergreen succulent perennial forming clumps of bright green rosettes in light shade but turning glossy bright red in full sun. The fleshy, shiny leaves are flecked with white and adorned with prominent teeth along their edges. In winter, spikes of greenish-yellow tubular flowers are borne in profusion above the foliage, brightening up the dull winter garden. This Aloe offsets readily to form a tight colony. Perfect as groundcover, in undersea-themed succulent gardens or decorative containers.
- Grows up to 1 ft. tall (30 cm) and 1-2 ft. wide (30-60 cm).
- Easily grown in sandy or gravelly, moist or dry, well-drained soils in full sun or light shade. Water moderately when in growth; very sparingly when dormant. Apply a balanced liquid fertilizer 2 or 3 times in the growing season. Drought tolerant.
- Great for beds and borders, rock gardens, succulent gardens or Mediterranean gardens. Ideal as a groundcover or in decorative containers.
- Deer resistant. The flowers produce nectar and are attractive to birds and bees
- Propagate by seed sown with heat as soon as ripe or from offsets
- Virtually disease free. Watch for scale insects and mealybugs.